That’s right girl, you read it. A new study has listed WATERMELON juice as an awesome recovery drink alternative that’s bound to leave not only your taste-buds happy, but your muscles! Can we get a woop-woop!
So basically, a study was recently published in which seven athletes were given something like (estimating) 2 cups of watermelon juice (both natural and enriched) and to their surprise, watermelon showed awesome improvement in heart and muscle recovery within a (very short) 24 hours.
Which means, less soreness for you! So, in light of this fabulous new news, we’re passing along a kick-butt watermelon juice recipe that will leave your taste buds completely tantalized.
(We promise to keep it simple)
- 2 Cups Cut Up Watermelon
- 3-4Tbsp Agave or other natural sweetener (optional)
- 2 Drops Mint Extract (or fresh mint, if you want to get real fancy)
- Ice to Taste (aka – put as much as you like to make it chilly!)
- A Small Pinch of salt (please, don’t over-do it.
- A Splash of Fresh Lime Juice
Instructions (again, very simple)
Basically, you’re going to throw all this goodness in the blender, and serve. Want to make it super cute? Add a mint leaf to the side of your glass and share with your favorite workout buddy.