Recently, I came across this awesome study about how helpful Hibiscus Tea is. Now, I’m a huge fan of the recent starbucks “refresher” drink that has hibiscus in it; BUT let’s face it, I’m sure that has a bunch of sugar and other things I don’t care to have in my system in it. So, what to do? Simple! We make our own, Yummy hibiscus tea recipe incoming!
The Hibiscus Tea Ingredients List
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2c. RAW Sugar, or 1/4c. agave syrup (Note: you may want to play with this)
- 1 cup of dried organic hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 raw cinnamon stick
- A few thin slices ginger root (this is totally optional)
- Allspice berry extract or raw allspice berries (also optional)
How to put it together to get all the benefits of Hibiscus Tea
- STEP ONE: Pour 4 cups water (NOTE, THIS IS ONLY HALF of the water in the ingredients) and sugar in a medium sized saucepan. Add the cinnamon stick, allspice berries, and ginger root.
- STEP TWO: Heat ingredients until they’re boiling. Once boiling starts, remove from the heat and add your Hibiscus Flowers. Stir.
- STEP THREE: Cover your pin, and let this mixture sit for 20 minutes. Strain directly into a pitcher.
- STEP FOUR: Add the remaining 4c of water OR soda water and serve chilled.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe found here.