Over the past couple of years, Kale has been front and center in the limelight. It’s honestly no wonder, Kale benefits go on for days and awesome raw and organic kale recipes are popping up everywhere making it not only a health powerhouse but a super convenient food to eat. So, what do you need to know about Kale?
The Benefits of Kale
- 1c. of Kale is only 33 calories, and in those calories you’re getting 9% of your daily dose of Calcium, 134% of your recommended daily Vitamin C, 206% of Vitamin A, and 684% of Vitamin K.
- Great source of copper, potassium, iron, manganese, phosphorus.
- Anti-oxidant properties make it a heart-health powerhouse and immune boosting must-have!
- Particularly Carotenoids and Flavonoids (known for fighting cancer!).
- Excellent for your vision due to lutein and zeaxanthin (eye health endorsers).
- Lowers cholesterol, regulates bowels, assists in heart disease due to fiber.
Types and Tastes of Kale
As seen in the info-graphic above, there are five major types of Kale to choose from. Each with their own tastes, textures, and colors. Here are the various varieties of Kale.
- Curly Leaf: Most commonly found in grocers.
- Dino Leaf: Easily distinguished, more sweet than most Kales.
- Premier: Best on salads, tender and easy going.
- Redbor: Thick, robust. Best cooked.
- Siberian: Strong a versatile, grown in winters.
Kale Recipes that Rock Your Tastebuds:
We’ve curated some awesome Kale Recipes that you’re sure to love. These recipes are simple, healthy, and fun to make. Let us know how you like them!